My first doctors appointment is tomorrow. I'm not sure what all they are going to do with me. If it's mostly paper work or if I have to get blood work done too. They'll probably want to do as much as they can seeing as how I'm already half way through this pregnancy and this is my first appointment.
It's been raining here everyday for the last few days, which is good, I just hope that it's not raining too hard tomorrow when I have to go to the appointment since I'll be walking. I'm sure if it's pouring my father-in-law would be able to drop me off, but it'd be nice to walk, I need the exercise. My husband said it might take me an hour to walk there, so I might leave a little bit earlier than that just because of the lovely pregnancy symptom of having shortness of breath.
Now about the cloth diapers.
I need to start a list of the things I need and want for diapering so I don't forget. I usually do a lot of research then kinda forget about it then research it all over again when it's time to actually get it done, so I'll try to be more organized this time :P I'll probably just repost the list when I update it too.
1. Diapers (I hope to make most of them but we'll see how that goes, and at least a couple are coming from a friend)
2. Diaper Covers (at least 3, I hear Thirsties are a good brand)
3. Diaper Pail (whatever trash can we can get)
4. Diaper Pail Liner (I'd like two, so there's a clean one and one being used in the pail, they get washed with the diapers)
5. Cloth Wipes (not sure how many I need but I'm pretty sure I can just make them)
6. Wipes Solution (just as long as I figure out a recipe for this I should be ok)
7. Potty Pail (I really really want to make sure we get this)
8. Laundry Detergent (apparently you can't use just any ol' soap, I've heard good things about Simply Clean and it's pretty cheap)
9. Pail Freshner (it's not necessary but I'm sure my husband would approve :))
10. Snappi (almost a must when using prefolds and you only need 3 or so)
11. Rash/Nipple cream (Lansinoh is supposed to be the thing to have on hand when breast feeding and apparently makes a good rash cream when using cloth diapers because it washes right out in warm water unlike many popular brands)
12. An organizing system (I'm not sure what I want in this because I don't know how much room we'll have. I've seen some really nice arrangments people have done with their changing tables, though I've never used one and thought they were kind of useless, always just changed the diaper on the floor. Oh well, well see, I'll just have to research it later.)
This is all I can think of right now. I'm a little bit afraid to add up the prices of all this, hopefully we get some of it as gifts. Pretty much all of the big stuff is being given to us, hand-me-downs from my brother and sister-in-law, and I didn't really register for a lot knowing that people will buy that stuff anyway, I may as well let them pick out the outfit, right?